Underaged Baking

A teenager's adventures, discoveries, and creations in baking!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, Baby!

April 25th was my mom's 56th birthday!
Without anyone else at home, I've never been able to celebrate without her knowing the surprise.
This year, I got to. 
I texted her fiance asking for his help in smuggling in a Jewel Osco cake, rice krispies, marshmallows, and a decorating kit.
While they went out for dinner, I attempted this cake...My mom LOVES Westie dogs.
It came out okay for a kid, I guess...but I have much work to do.
Here's my cake...the cake is from Jewel Osco, but the dog is rice krispies and royal icing and fondant.
My mom was pleased, though!
I got up early that morning and decorated while she slept!
Then we celebrated when I got home! 
Love you Mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home