Underaged Baking

A teenager's adventures, discoveries, and creations in baking!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pan Cuppy Cakes

I crossed Pancake Cupcakes off my Pan List this morning! Now, one would assume that pancake batter wouldn't rise well in cupcake molds because of their spreading nature in a pan. This is false- especially when you add some baking powder. I added more batter than necessary and they rose quite high! Luckily, they didn't rise and spread or that could have been ugly.

 See? They rose to look like mini biscuits with a cuppy bottom! They tasted a bit like that too- not as buttermilk sweet but that could be my ingredients. I just made Bisquick batter for this, adding baking powder to help it rise (it certainly worked).

With eggs and maple syrup, this is an adorable after church brunch for me and my mom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home